In this guide, we explain the process of setting up VPN on iPhone or iPad step by step.
What is a VPN?
VPN, also known as Virtual Private Network, allows us to create a secure connection over the internet to another network and is used to protect our web browsing.
Using and setting up a VPN on PS4 [How To]
VPN service will come with Google One
How can you set up your own VPN server?
Although VPNs were not originally created for this purpose, today they can provide the ability to remotely access any company’s network by allowing all of our network’s traffic to be routed to another network, as it is a way to securely connect different business networks over the internet on hotstar proxy.
Step-by-step VPN setup on iPhone and iPad
One of the simplest and easiest methods to install a VPN client on an iPhone or iPad is to get service from a VPN service provider. Actually, what you have to do is very simple.
- Choose a VPN provider and sign up for the service.
- After paying the subscription fee (you can also use free VPNs) download and install the corresponding application.
- Open the VPN app and log in to your account.
- After signing in, the app asks us to allow the app to add VPN configuration to iPhone or iPad. We need to tap Allow for the configuration to happen automatically.
- The system then prompts us to verify security by entering our password or by Touch ID or Face ID to allow us to change the VPN settings.
Setting up VPN on iPhone and iPadHow to set up a VPN on iPhone or iPad?
Additional VPN settings for iPhone and iPad
We have successfully configured and enabled Virtual Private Network with the steps above. You don’t need to open and activate the app every time you want to use it, there is a simpler way to do it.
- Enter Settings from the home screen.
- Tap on General and select VPN.
- Select and activate the VPN client you want to use.
However, once you have finished using the Virtual Private Network, you can also follow the instructions above to disconnect from it.
Manually add VPN to iPhone and iPad
Remember that our login details are very important if you want to do everything manually.
- To add a new VPN, enter Settings from your iPhone or iPad home screen,
- Tap on General and turn on VPN.
- Tap on Add VPN, then we select the type and enter the username / password information.
- Finally, tap OK and enable your VPN whenever you want to use it.
As you can see, the process of setting up and adding a VPN to iPhone and iPad is quite simple. In most cases, you can start using the VPN connection when you use an application developed by an external Virtual Private Network service.