What do you think is the role of windows in our homes? They are an important part of the building, and their purpose is to bring natural light and air into the room. But this is also the design and style of the windows, which adds to the charm of your home.
With the continuous changes in architectural and home design trends, windows have gone a long way from the classic era to modern minimalist designs. However, their purpose of brightening and strengthening the interior has not changed.
You can choose from various window designs and types. Understanding your budget needs and architectural style play an important role in making the right choice. This article introduces types of window designs and styles and the differences between them.
What are some window designs?
1. Blind Blinds between glass promotes privacy and convenience at your fingertips! Because the shutters are located between the double-glazed windows, they can prevent dust and damage. This structure makes it easy to clean the glass without moving the blinds. You can easily control the amount of light and privacy required by lowering, tilting or tilting the blinds.
2. Art glass Art glass can usually be used for decoration purposes, but the large pattern and color combination of art glass can meet privacy requirements and sometimes block the line of sight. Art glass has a variety of patterns to choose from, which can add elegance and personality to any home style.
3. Privacy glass These are Patterned decorative glass. Special glass options can cover the scenery inside and outside the window without sacrificing natural light. The technique is to give the glass a textured appearance, which makes the glass more opaque and less transparent. Curtains or blinds are not suitable for rooms such as bathrooms, so you can take advantage of the privacy of patterned or tinted glass without sacrificing light. This way you can fall in love without any worries!
4. Double-hung and single-hung windows ideas These windows were created when practicality and simplicity met in the window industry. The main difference here is the number of adjustable sashes that move up and down for ventilation. These windows are not only efficient in terms of function and energy, but also promote ventilation and are completely replacement windows.
5. Slider window As the name suggests, these windows are pushed horizontally or vertically to bring in natural light and fresh air. It is usually wider than the height of the slider window. It is suitable for compact space and bedroom exit requirements.
What are some decorations to complement your window?
- Window succulents
We will all surely like the newly added window succulents in the indoor garden. Succulents will be great in fairly wide windows. If you can’t find a suitable potted plant, there is a solution. This is a pallet for handling.
- White curtains
The white curtains soften the windows and provide warmth to the space without a heavy sense of privacy. In the bedroom, living room, office or dining room is always a good idea.
- Rattan or Bamboo Blinds
The rattan blinds introduce a little natural light while maintaining privacy. The small bathroom of interior designer Sean Smith’s New Orleans home is a perfect blend of fashion, a friendly atmosphere, and a wonderful blend of materials and prints.
- Dramatic Curtains
The dramatic color of red curtains creates a solemn and dramatic atmosphere. Extending from the floor to the ceiling and closing very low on the floor, I like how to playfully twist the proportions.
- Frame the window with drapes to add spice
It is ideal to choose to decorate your windows with colorful drapes to function as a frame to give emphasis on your window. And these curtains will not infringe your eye-catching space. Overall, the rooms are traditional and formal, while the rustic style is casual.
- Don’t forget your curtain accessories
Curtain hooks are ideal for anyone. However, if you want to hang casual window decorations with something more unique than curtain rods or regular hooks, you can use many everyday cheap household items instead. You may already have many of these items in your home. You can find interesting items that will give your house a special atmosphere.
The windows reflect the entire interior. It is a symbol of how we perceive space. So, shop online at Yorkshire Fabric Shop and create a beautiful look on your window.